While I love the work I do as a Health Coach and the positive, goal-reaching effect it can have on people, sometimes clients just want to feel good in their skin immediately. They do not want to wait the full 6-12 weeks it often takes to create healthy habits or to start feeling good in their skin.
This list of 30 things you can do right now to feel better about your body are just temporary physical, mental, and food related items you can implement if you need a quick body positivity boost. Many of these are also items I recommend my clients use throughout our time working together, though we do implement more mindset work and specific nutrition habits specific to each individual client.
All of these items will take five minutes or less, so you can start feeling better in your skin quickly and then get back to whatever it is you were doing.
1. Go for a short walk, or loop around your office
3.Meal plan for the rest of the week, or for next week. You can get your FREE Meal Planning Guide here.
4. Schedule your next workout
5. Eat a piece of fruit
6. Give yourself 5 affirmations about your body. Out loud. Mean it.
7. Ask someone you can see right now to give you a compliment (or text someone and ask them to give you one)
8. Stand up
9. Go outside for some fresh air, even if it is only 5 minutes
10. Wash your face
12. Take 3 deep, slow breaths
13. Prep your lunch for tomorrow
14. Tell someone you love them and give them a reason why
15. Smile, even if it is at no one
16. Smile at yourself in a mirror, or into your phone.
17. Get rid of any unhealthy food in your immediate area (desk, fridge, pantry)
18. Plan a date night. Do not just set the date, but actually plan the activity. If you do not have a significant other, plan a night out with friends.
19. Give someone you can see right now a compliment (or text someone who needs to hear it a compliment)
20. Come up with a positive mantra for yourself
21. List 5 strengths you know you have. Do not be afraid to brag.
22. Brush your teeth or use some mouthwash
23. Sit up straight. Set a timer to go off every 5 minutes for one hour of desk work in order for you to check your posture
24. Plan the nutrient balance of your very next meal
25. Create a workout Pinterest board and pin 10 new workouts you want to try
26. Create a meals Pinterest board and pin 10 nutritious meals you want to try
27. Reflect on how far you have come since you first set your goals
28. Reset your goals to reflect where you are now. Get your 7 Day Goal Setting Journal here.
29. Put on some lipstick. If you do not own lipstick, go pick some out.
30. Listen to a feel good song.
RQ: What strategies do you use to feel better in your body immediately?
Are you looking for more quick tips on how to improve your health? Get your copy of the 101 Health Tips ebook for tips, tricks, facts, and strategies on how to feel your best and reach your goals for food, fitness, and mindset.
The 101 Health Tips Workbook not only gives you 101 tips related to food, fitness, and mentality, but it gives you action steps with each tip. These action steps are designed to make you think through your choices, your time, and your desires so you can more efficiently and sustainably move towards your goals.
Stop waiting to make a positive change in your health, and get started with your workbook today.