With the weather turning nice, summer fun on the horizon, and race season swinging into gear, it’s time to get moving! One of my favorite challenges is completing a set number of reps or miles per day, week, month, year, whatever. So, with May being right around the corner, I thought a daily mile challenge was perfect!
What is Mile a Day May?
Mile a Day May is a FREE program that encourages you to get moving for at least one, intentional mile every day in May. Your daily mile can be completed in any way you choose, whether that’s walking, running, biking, skipping, or crawling, the whole point is get up and get active!
What do I get with Mile a Day May (besides just improving my health and confidence)?
- A downloadable/printable log you can use to track your distances, methods, how you felt, and other notes about your daily mile
- Daily accountability from other members of the challenge on the Wrecking Routine Health and Fitness Facebook Group
- Suggestions on strength and interval workouts you can complete during the challenge.
- Entry into an end-of-May raffle! The more times you check in with your daily mile, the more chances you have to win some sweet prizes!
What if Facebook isn’t my thing?
You can also check in on Instagram by tagging me @wreckingroutine and using the hashtag #mileadaymay. Your check ins will still count towards the raffle!
What are the prizes?
- 2 winners will receive a FREE Health Coaching consultation and 4-week action plan.
- 2 winners will receive the 14 Day Health Kickstart and Healthy Lifestyle Hurdles Email Series for FREE
- 3 winners will receive a Wrecking Routine water bottle
How do I sign up?
There are two ways you can sign up.
1. Join the Facebook group (if you haven’t already) and say that you are IN for the Mile A Day May Challenge. You can also post this picture to the group as your way of committing.
2. Put your name and email in the form, so I can invite you to the group and be sure you get the welcome materials.
How can I take my Mile a Day May challenge to the next level?
1. Enlist some friends to do the challenge with you in tandem with Group Health Coaching. This 6 weeks of Health Coaching starts April 17 and goes until the end of May. It’s the perfect way to break/make a habit, improve your energy, get clear about your goals, improve your relationship with food, and take clear, actionable steps towards your goals. Spots are limited, so register now!
2. Train for a half marathon. The half marathon plan is 10-weeks and Thelma and Louise themed. Perfect for those who want a little extra badassery to their training.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me at email@example.com.
RQ: What is your favorite activity to help you get ready for summer? What are some of your favorite fitness challenges?0