Last week, the wonderful Community Manager, Jonathan, at ENERGYbits sent me a sample of their product to try. I have been seeing ENERGYbits take off all over my twitter newsfeed and love how sincerely involved the company is in all of the athletic endeavors of its followers.
The first thing that struck me when I opened the container was, wow they are green! The second thing was, they smell like fish food.
As they should! ENERGYbits are made with spiralina algae. So, basically fish food. Here are a few other things to note about these little green tabs of energy:
- They have the highest concentration of protein in the world. 64%!
- Olympians have been using them for 50 years or so.
- The spiraling algae, the bit’s one ingredient, is 100% organically grown.
- There is no sugar, caffeine, or chemicals in them.
- They can be used to curb your hunger.
Since I don’t like to eat just before I workout, but then suffer stomach pains afterwards until I get something in my body, I took a handful of ENERGYbits before 10-mile morning run.
Normally around mile 6, I start to get a bit mentally fatigued. But this time, I can honestly say, that once I hit the 10 mile mark, I actually felt like I could keep going. Mentally, I was alert and ready. Physically, my ankle was yelling (but that has nothing to do with the bits).
The best part was that even though I hadn’t had breakfast, just one serving of bits (30 tabs), I wasn’t starving when I finished. I wasn’t even that hungry for about 30-40 minutes after, which NEVER happens. Usually I have to eat right away so I don’t gnaw my arm off.
All in all, I was seriously impressed with these little guys. One downside: I’m a bit of a burp-y runner and the fishiness of the bits was definitely noticeable, not bad, but was there.
If you’d like to try ENERGYbits for yourself, there are two ways to make it happen.
1. Use the discount code BLOG on the ENERGYbits website to receive a 10% discount, or
2. Enter the giveaway to receive your very own sample size! To enter, just leave a comment below telling me how ENERGYbits might help your workout life. I will announce the winner on Saturday, April 5!
Disclaimer: I was provided with a sample size of ENERGYbits to review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
RQ: How might ENERGYbits help your workout life?